Jackson KV2 Vs Jackson Stars / JP.KV/E-230(CS)‏

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson KV2 Vs Jackson Stars / JP.KV/E-230(CS)‏

Can somebody tell me what they think of each guitar. I am a big fan of the KV2 but am keeping my options open. I would like to make a purchase in the new year got to get Christmas over for the kids before I buy for myself. Will have to see how much that leaves me left in the old mad money accout that my wife knows nothing about LOL . Anyway your opinions would be great.

DOGUE

All I can tell you is that the KV is THE shizzle.

EDIT: And by that a mean the KV2, sorry I forgot to put the 2 first time round lol.
    Last edited by dangerous_dave; 10-29-2007, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Yes I agree I think they are SWEET

Comment

J-Stars will be just as good, and might be less expensive.

If you prefer Kahler bridges, ala Mustaine KV, only the JacksonStars model has them.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Note that J-stars have other nut-sizes (production-models) and they use other material (wood, sharkies - even MOP is not equal to MOP USA, switches etc...) + slightly other body dimensions (at least KV-models).
          But they are great guitars!

Comment

Thanks for you information it helps me make my mind. I have been thinking KV2 for awhile I have a DR3 and a DK2 which are fantastic to play but dreaming of a KV2. This is the link to the JP.KV/E-230 (CS) I was thinking about getting. http://store.yahoo.co.jp/ikebe/0000087180.html

Comment

Originally posted by dogueboy View Post
              This is the link to the JP.KV/E-230 (CS) I was thinking about getting.
              From the model number I guess this is a few years old model (unused however I think) and single piece, so I wouldn't get hopes up about getting it still next year. It seems like they have removed it already from their web site (sold).

I'm a bit tempted by the another piece from the same era with a bit different specs, offered very cheap by Ikebe gakki. That is still listed on the web site.
              http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/goods_detail.php?g_id=87179

Comment

Originally posted by The Mitch View Post
                even MOP is not equal to MOP USA, switches etc...) + slightly other body dimensions (at least KV-models).
                Oh really? Where did you get this from? Just wondering .

Comment

Originally posted by atha View Post
                  From the model number I guess this is a few years old model (unused however I think) and single piece, so I wouldn't get hopes up about getting it still next year. It seems like they have removed it already from their web site (sold).

I'm a bit tempted by the another piece from the same era with a bit different specs, offered very cheap by Ikebe gakki. That is still listed on the web site.
                  http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/goods_detail.php?g_id=87179
                  This one has paint damage. Not sure if you can get Ikebe to ship to you these days.

Comment

Wow, they look great.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                      Oh really? Where did you get this from? Just wondering .
                      Well, the MOP-thing is obvious when I compare my guitars to each other.
                      BUT in a good way, MOP sharkies on Jackson Stars are more colorful.
                      Body dimensions are definately not the same.

Comment

Well, the MOP-thing is obvious when I compare my guitars to each other.
                        BUT in a good way, MOP sharkies on Jackson Stars are more colorful.
                        Body dimensions are definately not the same.
                        With MOP inlays it's hit or miss IMO, they just cut them out of the MOP blanks and some come out looking good, and some a little less good.

Comment

I really like the Jackson Star and there is a big price differance in price in comparison to the Jackson KV2. Unfortunitly there is a big language barrier here. I have emailed about the guitar three days ago and am still awaiting a reply. I hope to hear something soon. My Mom has some friends from Japan that I may be able to help me out as far as translation of the website goes. I really do not like asking people for help like this because it feels to me like I am only seeing them to ask them to do something for me and I am not that type of person. I am not a Fair weather friend . That is not the Canadian way or not the way I was raised anyway. It is a option.

Comment

Relax, it takes some time for a reply

Comment

Relax, it takes some time for a reply

+1 It took about a week for Ishibashi to reply to me lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X